The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Beacons
Tea At The White House has announced plans to light a Beacon for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on the evening of Thursday, June 2, 2022.
The Beacon is one of thousands being lit in the UK and the Commonwealth, and forms part of the official programme announced by Buckingham Palace for the Jubilee Weekend. The Beacon will be lit at 35 Main Street North, just outside of Tea At The White House and it will be one of over 2,022 lit all over the UK and the Commonwealth.
The United Kingdom’s long tradition of celebrating Royal Jubilees, Weddings and Coronations with the lighting of beacons will continue for the Platinum Jubilee.
Join us on Thursday, June 2, 2022 for the lighting of the Platinum Jubilee Beacon in the courtyard outside of Tea At The White House located at 35 Main Street North.
Event Schedule for Thursday, June 2, 2022
- 2:00pm Town Crier Allan Freeman will announce a specially-written Proclamation heralding the lighting of the beacons later that day.
- 7:00pm Sax'nSync Saxaphone Quartet will play music including ‘I Vow Thee To My Country’ and ‘God Save The Queen’ in the Tea Room. Al Eady, Kamara Hennesey, Barb Pauze and Mitch Whatford.
- 9:35pm Hamilton Police Pipe Band pipers Peter Aumonier and Alec Rogers will play 'Diu Regnare', a unique tune specially written for the occasion by Piper Major, Stuart Liddell, the world’s leading piper.
- 9:40pm Corporal Malcolm Horava, a bugler from the Band & Bugles of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada will officially announce the lighting of the beacons with a specially written bugle call, entitled 'Majesty'
- 9:45pm The Platinum Jubilee Beacon will be lit by Nathan Tidridge: Author, Teacher, and the recipient of The Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal in 2012.
Click here to download the program of events for The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Beacons.
Tea At The White House